Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness? For help visit Housing Connect

Are you a Non-Government support provider?

Communities Tasmania leases properties to Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) to provide supported accommodation programs.

Which NGOs can apply?

Properties are leased to NGOs to accommodate people with specific needs including people who :

  • are homeless or at risk of homelessness or
  • are unable to maintain a tenancy in their own right or
  • require high level personal or living support not provided in social housing or private accommodation. people living with a disability, people affected by mental illness, and children and young people at risk.

To be eligible an NGO must be a not-for-profit incorporated entity, registered organisation, corporation or registered charity.

For NGOs who would like to make an application, the first step is to contact your local Program Support Officer in Communities Tasmania to discuss your proposal. Contact information is available on the fact sheet (see below).

We will send you the Application for Supported Accommodation from the Director of Housing form if you are eligible to apply.

Property owners who would like to rent a property to Eligible Persons as defined under the Homes Act 1935 should refer to the Private Rental Incentive or Rapid Rehousing programs.

Communities Tasmania administers the Supported Accommodation Program on behalf of the Director of Housing.

For more information

For more information please read the Fact Sheet – Application for Supported Accommodation