Expression of Interest Now Open
The Tasmanian Government is improving housing affordability by helping those most vulnerable to housing stress and homelessness.
Proposals are invited from not-for-profit organisations for the construction of social housing across Tasmania in areas of identified demand.
A requirement of the Expression of Interest (EOI) is that new social housing properties are allocated to applicants on Tasmania’s Housing Register.
Proponents will also be required to demonstrate they are sustainable and can manage social housing over a long-term agreement.
Proponents are encouraged to partner with one of Tasmania’s four Tier 1 registered community housing providers to support the allocation of tenancies.
Other partnership arrangements that will be considered include the transfer of land or long-term lease of land to community housing providers or engaging a community housing provider for tenancy and property management as per a real estate agent.
Unregistered providers will be required to meet service delivery standards including complying with relevant legislation and Tasmania’s Social Housing Policy.
The EOI – CHGP – New Social Housing Supply closes 2 pm, Wednesday, 25 November 2020.
Regional Information Sessions
Organisations and businesses interested in participating and partnering in the EOI – CHGP – New Social Housing Supply are invited to register their attendance at one of the regional information sessions.
Registration is required to ensure COVID-19 protections are in place.
Please RSVP by close of business Wednesday, 23 September 2020.
Monday, 28 September 2020
11.00 am – 1:00 pm
Monday, 28 September 2020
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Wednesday, 30 September 2020
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Virtual connectivity will be available.
Please contact the project team on (03) 6166 3627 or email HousingProjects@communities.tas.gov.au
Download the EOI and background information here:
Request for Expression of Interest – New Social Housing Supply
Download the Request for Expression of Interest and attachments here:
- Request EOI – CHGP – New Social Housing Supply
- Attachment 2 – Ground Lease
- Attachment 4 – Project Schedule
- Attachment 5 – Terms Sheet
- Part Four – Response Form
- Part Five – Proposal Form
- Response Form – Government Building and Construction Compliance Declaration
- Response Form – Economic and Social Benefits Statement
- Addendum No 1 - Request for Expressions of Interest - CHGP - New Social Housing Supply
- Addendum No 2 - Request for Expressions of Interest - CHGP - New Social Housing Supply
- Addendum No 3 - Request for Expressions of Interest - CHGP - New Social Housing Supply
- Addendum No 3 - Allunga Road - Detailed Design Drawings
Community Housing Growth Program Presentation
- Video - Expressions of Interest - Community Housing Growth Program Presentation
- Transcript - Expressions of Interest - Community Housing Growth Program Presentation
*Please Note: Anyone intending to submit under this Expression of Interest process should continue to monitor this webpage to access any Addenda issued after the opening time.
More Information on Community Housing Growth Program
- Fact Sheet – EOI New Social Housing Supply
- Fact sheet – New Community Housing Suburbs
- Fact Sheet - What it Means for the Social Housing System
- Social Housing Policy
- Design Standards for Social Housing Policy
- Aboriginal Housing Policy
- Backyard Units Policy
Back to all news