Housing Connect is a one-stop shop for ALL your housing and support needs. One assessment for everything from emergency accommodation to a long-term home.
Tasmanian Government COVID-19 Rent Relief Scheme
The Tasmanian Government is providing rent relief for residential households who rent homes in the private market and who are experiencing housing stress because of the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The scheme starts on 25 May 2020.
For more information go to https://www.communities.tas.gov.au/housing/rental-services
Housing Connect can help you with:
- applying for social housing and other housing assistance
- support and advice with your private rental, including bond and rent arrears
- finding a bed for the night
- support and advice on how to stay in your home
- seeking assistance following family violence
- information and advice on your housing options.
Applying for housing
Housing Connect is where you apply for private rental assistance, Private Rental Incentives, Social Housing (public and community housing), Rapid Rehousing, Supported Accommodation, and other forms of housing assistance.
Health and Mobility
Applicants are prioritised for social housing based on their assessed need including health and mobility issues.
It means that an applicant may need social housing because their physical and mental health impacts on their ability to get or keep a private rental.
If this is you then you should ask your health professional to complete the Health Assessment Form – Social Housing.
When you make an appointment with your health professional, please let the receptionist know that you will need this form completed.
Please check what the appointment might cost you.
If you need housing assistance you must go to Housing Connect for help.
Are you escaping family violence?
If it is an emergency call Tasmania Police: 000
Family Violence Response and Referral Line: 1800 633 937
- The Housing Connect System
- Seeking Housing Assistance
- Sharing your Personal Information
- Proof of Identity
- Social Housing Policy
- Applying for Social Housing
- Clients with no Income
- Applying for a Home if you Live Interstate
- Transferring from Another Social Housing Property
- How Many Bedrooms
- If you are a Migrant or Refugee
- Gifting of Assets
- Urgent Access to Housing and Support
- Eligible Persons under the Homes Act
- Humanitarian Settlement Program and Housing Connect
- Applying for Housing Assistance - NDIS Participants
- Specialist Disability Accommodation Vacancies
Parliamentarian Consent Form
If you are representing a constituent in relation to services provided by Housing Connect, please use the below consent form as part of your enquiry.