If you are a Housing Tasmania tenant you can apply to buy the house.

Several community housing organisations manage properties on behalf of the Director of Housing. They are Centacare Evolve Housing, Community Housing Limited, Housing Choices Tasmania and Mission Australia Housing.

If you are a tenant of a community housing organisation living in a house owned by the Director of Housing you can also apply to buy the house.

The first step is to apply to a bank or other financial institution for pre-approval for a home loan.

The second step is to write to the Director of Housing and apply to buy the house and include a loan pre-approval form from your bank or financial institution.

Write to:

Director of Housing
GPO Box 65
HOBART   TAS   7001

You may also be eligible for assistance to buy the house with MyHome. Tenants living in a property owned by the Director of Housing are exempt from income and asset limit requirements.

For more information about MyHome visit www.bankofus.com.au/my-home

If you have made any improvements to the house you are renting, you may have the value of improvements discounted from the purchase price of the property. This discount is subject to approval by the Director of Housing. We will organise an assessment of the value of improvements.

You can also email the Housing Sales Program at housaleprog@communities.tas.gov.au or call on 1800 931 333.