Your Personal Information
Making sure your personal information is kept private and safe is important to us. In Tasmania, there is a law that says your personal information must be kept confidential. This law is called the Personal Information Protection Act 2004.
This law is designed to protect the use and storage of personal information. Personal information includes things like:
- your name
- your date of birth
- your contact details
- paperwork and other information about you.
Who can use your personal information?
In Tasmania, there are a number of organisations who manage social housing.
Housing Connect is the way to get housing and support in Tasmania.
They work out what kind of housing you need and can also help you find other support services. There are also a number of social housing providers. Their role is similar to that of a real estate agent or landlord in the private rental market.
Housing Tasmania is one of these providers.
Some examples of other social housing providers include:
- Centacare Evolve Housing
- Community Housing Limited
- Housing Choices Tasmania
- Mission Australia Housing.
When you first speak with Housing Connect, you will be asked if it is ok for them to share your information with the social housing providers.
This may include Housing Tasmania and the other organisations listed above.
What sort of information does Housing Tasmania collect?
When you apply for a home with Housing Tasmania, we will collect the following information about you:
- your income – how much you are earning
- any assets you have, including things like shares, property and money in the bank
- any property or land that you own or are currently buying
- any health conditions or disability that you may have
- whether or not you are a Tasmanian resident
- any other organisations that are providing you with support at the moment.
You will need to provide us with copies of documents and other information such as your:
- driver's licence
- Centrelink details
- paperwork relating to any property or assets that you have.
How does Housing Tasmania use your personal information?
Housing Tasmania may use your personal information to:
- contact you
- contact someone else if there is an emergency
- work out if you can use social housing
- provide you with a service, such as home maintenance or repairs
- write to you about any problems that you are having with your tenancy
- contact you if you owe us money
- respond to you if you write to us.
Sometimes, we use information for data collection and research. This helps us to provide better services. If we do this, we won't use your name without asking you.
Finding out about your information
You can ask us about the personal information we keep on file about you.
You can tell us if the information is:
- out of date
You can ask us to correct it. If you are not happy with the way your personal information is being stored or managed, please contact us. The best people to talk to are those who work in your local Area Office.
When Alberta got married, she changed her surname. She wrote to us about this and asked us to update her file.
However, the next few letters she received from us still had her old surname on them. Alberta called her local Area Office and asked them to update the file. Now, all of the letters are addressed to Alberta under her married name.
Housing Connect contact details
Housing Connect - 1800 800 588
Housing Connect -firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Fact Sheets
Our contact details
|Housing Tasmania - 1300 665 663|
TTY users phone 133 677, then ask for 1300 13 55 13. Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 13 55 13.
Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1300 13 55 13.
|Department of Communities Tasmania|
GPO Box 65
HOBART TAS 7001