About the Community and Disability Services Branch
The Community and Disability Services branch provides effective support services to vulnerable Tasmanians with community sector partners. This includes:
- leading and monitoring the policy and regulatory context of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- administering the Disability Services Act 2011 and supporting compliance with other relevant legislation
- delivering comprehensive and genuine engagement through consultation with people with disabilities taking full account of their needs and circumstance
- working collaboratively with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- funding the neighbourhood house program, integrated family support services, gambling support program and other counselling and support services.
The branch has six programs: