This section gives information on how we will conduct consultations.
We want people with disability to be involved in designing the consultation.
We want to make it as easy as possible for people with disability to participate in the consultation.
We have listened to feedback that we need to do more to consult with people with disability.
The consultation will include people with disability, families, carers, providers of disability support, advocates and the wider community. We will also consult with stakeholders who are part of Government. We will use this discussion paper as the starting point.
The consultation process will:
- engage and consult with people with disability
- respect that people with lived experience of disability are experts
- include people with disability and other stakeholders in the design of the consultation
- include feedback from people with lived experience of disability in the consultation
- use consultation methods which address diversity and ensure equity in participation
- be flexible in the approach used and if needed, adapt the design of the consultation to suit participants
- monitor participation of different stakeholder groups to make sure no-one who wants to participate misses out
- include people with disability in shaping the findings from the consultation.
We will also work to raise awareness about the Review and encourage stakeholders to participate.
We have written a discussion paper to provide scope for the DSA Review. It provides information about what we want to find out.
Register for an online consultation session
Online consultation sessions will be held from Monday, 31 January 2022 to Thursday, 10 February 2022.
They will be run by independent consultant, Annie Curtis Consulting, to help make sure consultation for people with lived experience is accessible and inclusive.
To find out more and to reserve your place visit Disability Services Act Review - Online Sessions Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite.
The project team can also organise a specific time to meet with groups who would like to be part of the Disability Services Act Review.
Please contact DSAreview2021@communities.tas.gov.au or call 1800 431 211 to arrange a session via an online meeting or in person at your office (subject to Covid restrictions).