Solar Power for Sports Clubs - No Interest Loan Program
Expression of Interest (EOI)
Expression of Interest (EOI) open on 30 September 2021, and will close at 5:00 pm on 31 January 2022. No EOI will be accepted after the closing dates.
The Tasmanian Government is committed to increasing opportunities for all Tasmanians to participate in sport, advancing our renewable energy capability and supporting community action.
Expression of Interest Program Outline
During the 2021 State Election the Tasmanian Government committed $10 million for Tasmanian sports clubs to apply for no interest loans of up to $20 000, for up to 5 years. The funding is to be made available to approved applicants for the purchase of an accredited solar power system to reduce electricity running costs to the club.
The Solar Power for Sports Clubs – No Interest Loan Program (the Program) aims to offer sports clubs in Tasmania the ability to reduce the electricity costs in the long term and utilise funds normally spent on electricity to sustain other valuable sporting activities.
The program will commence with an expression of interest (EOI) process.
Loan funding will be available to applicants who:
- Hold a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Are located and operate in Tasmania
- Are an organisation recognised by its members as a sports club or is an organisation that’s primary purpose is to facilitate sporting activities
- Are the party responsible for the electricity connection at the facility
- Own the facility, or have permission from the owners of the facility, where the solar system is proposed to be installed
Applicants must not be:
- Public listed companies
- Local, State of Australian Government agencies unless the facility’s (proposed in the EOI for the installation of a solar system) primary purpose is to house an organisation(s) that facilitates sport activities.
EOI Form and Guidelines
Applicants should read and understand the program Guidelines prior to applying.
How to apply: Details on how to apply are included in the program Guidelines.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact CSR before preparing their EOI to ensure they understand the Program’s requirements and can present their best case for funding.
CSR can be contacted on 1800 204 224 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org