The Tasmanian Government invested $10 million over two years to the Levelling the Playing Field Grants Program to upgrade sports facilities for girls and women.
The Levelling the Playing Field Grants Program will gave priority to facilities used for football (AFL) and cricket across Tasmania due to the significant increase in female participation for both sports. Grants will be provided to support building new or upgrading existing facilities to support female participation, including change rooms, lockers, toilets, shower facilities and other amenities.
Grants will be provided to projects that develop or improve functional and inclusive facilities for female sport participants, including change rooms, lockers, toilets, shower facilities and amenities, and safety requirements to support access and use of change rooms and amenities.
The program will provide grants between $15,000 and $1 million per project. This is to provide for both the building of new facilities for women and girls or the upgrading of existing facilities at grounds across the state.
The program was open to local councils and sporting organisations.
Information for applicants
- Facilities Planning Fact Sheet (PDF, 263.69KB)
- Female participation guidelines (PDF, 191.26KB)
- Female participation organisational checklist (MS Word, 3.72MB)
- AFL preferred facility guidelines
- Cricket Australia's Community Cricket Facility Guidelines
Previous Grant Recipients
- List of Successful Applicants Levelling the Playing Field 2019-20 (PDF, 133.15KB)
- List of Successful Applicants Levelling the Playing Field 2018-19 (PDF, 141.74KB)
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 252 476.