Sport and Recreation Grants Programs
Communities, Sport and Recreation provides funding to increase opportunities for participation in sport and active recreation in Tasmania, and to assist the ongoing development of Tasmania's sport and recreation sector.
Clubs, not-for-profit organisations and local government entities that provide sport and active recreation opportunities to the Tasmanian community are invited to apply.
For the purposes of Communities, Sport and Recreation's grant programs:
- 'Sport' is defined as:
A human activity involving physical exertion and skill as the primary focus of the activity, with elements of competition where rules and patterns of behaviour governing the activity exist formally through organisations and is generally accepted as a sport.
- 'Active Recreation' is defined as:
Active recreation activities are those engaged in for the purpose of relaxation, health and wellbeing or enjoyment with the primary activity requiring physical exertion, and the primary focus on human activity.
Due to the impact of the COVID-19, CSR has deferred the 2020-21 Minor and Major Grants programs to implement the COVID-19 Sport and Recreation Grants Programs. This will enable CSR to consider the sector’s response to the new funding programs, and to assess any subsequent funding gaps.
Funding is available through the following grant programs:
- OPEN - Sporting Competitions Access Fund
- CLOSED - COVID-19 Improving the Playing Field Grants Program
- CLOSED - COVID-19 Sport and Recreation Grants Program Tranche 1 & 2
- OPEN - COVID-19 Sport and Recreation Grants Program Tranche 3
- OPEN - COVID-19 Sport and Recreation Grants Program Tranche 4
- CLOSED - Major Grants Program
- CLOSED - Minor Grants Program
- OPEN - National / International Sport Championships Program
- CLOSED - State Grants Program
Please go to the relevant grant program to view the most recent recipients.
Communities, Sport and Recreation also administers a range of community Grant Programs.
For further information, please contact Communities, Sport and Recreation by email at email@example.com or phone on 1800 204 224.