Members of the Frank MacDonald Memorial Prize Study Tour for 2021-2022 have been announced.
Traditionally, the tour group travels in April each year for approximately 10-14 days and visits sites that relate to Tasmanian involvement in World War One in France and Belgium. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and international travel restrictions the tour in 2021 became a domestic study tour of significant World War One and World War Two sites in Albany, Western Australia and Darwin, in the Northern Territory. The tour in 2022 will again be a domestic tour.
Recipients of the Frank MacDonald Memorial Prize Study Tour in 2022
Year 9 students
- Bridie Latimer, Devonport High School
- Chloe Brittain, St Mary’s College
- Joshua (Josh) Dimsey, Clarence High School
- Katelyn (Katie) Johnson, MacKillop Catholic College
- Noah Karakyriakos, Kingston High School
- Taleah Smith, Parklands High School
Year 10 students
- Hollie James, Sacred Heart College
- Jenique Howard, Parklands High School
- Laura Winter, Launceston Church Grammar School
- Noah Gladdish, Kingston High School
- Rowan Wheeler, MacKillop Catholic College
- Zoe Rogers, MacKillop Catholic College
- Caitlin Midson, Devonport High School
- Jon Lewis, Parklands High School
Other Tour Party Members
The RSL representative will be Christopher Parker, of the Lindisfarne RSL Sub-Branch. Mr Parker served with the RAAF in the ANZUK 1973-1976 Indonesian Confrontation.
Madeleine Ogilvie MP, Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier, will be the Tour’s Parliamentary representative.
The two Tasmanian Government tour leaders are Terese Smith and Tanya Brown from the Department of Communities Tasmania.
Find out more about the Frank MacDonald Memorial Tour.