The Tasmanian Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer+ (LGBTIQ+) Whole-of-Government Reference Group (GRG) has an oversight and advisory role on the implementation of the Framework. In 2014, the GRG was reformed to include non-government representatives nominated by LGBTIQ+ community organisations and review the current policy framework for LGBTIQ+ Tasmanians. The current GRG membership includes representatives from key Tasmanian Government agencies including:
- the Department of Premier and Cabinet;
- the Department of Communities Tasmania;
- the Department of Justice;
- the Department of Health and Human Services;
- the Department of Police and Emergency Management;
- the Department of Education; and
- Equal Opportunity Tasmania (Office of the Anti-Discrimination Commissioner).
The GRG also includes non-government participants nominated by LGBTI community organisations including:
- Working It Out;
- Rainbow Communities Tasmania,;
- Tasmanian Gay and Lesbian Rights Group; and
- the Tasmanian Council on AIDS, Hepatitis and Related Disease.