Health and Wellbeing for Women Action Plan 2020-2023
Good health and wellbeing positively affect the lives of women and girls in many ways, enhancing quality of life, education and the ability to participate socially and economically in the community.
The Health and Wellbeing for Women Action Plan 2020-2023 aims to improve the overall health and wellbeing of all women and girls in Tasmania through its focus on five strategic priorities:
- Improving women’s maternal, sexual and reproductive health.
- Improving health literacy and targeting preventive health services to address women’s health needs.
- Enhancing women’s mental health through prevention, early intervention and responsive service delivery.
- Addressing impacts on women’s health, such as violence against women and girls, homelessness and other related factors.
- Facilitating health and wellbeing across the life course.
The Action Plan is designed to build on existing programs and initiatives, and to align with the National Women’s Health Strategy 2020-2030 and other health related policies and strategies.
The Action Plan is the second in a series of action plans under the Tasmanian Women's Strategy 2018-2021.
- Health and Wellbeing for Women Action Plan 2020-2023 (PDF, 1.03MB)