The Tasmanian Women’s Strategy 2018 -2021 provides a framework for government, the private sector and the wider Tasmanian community to take significant action to achieve gender equality in Tasmania. A person's gender should not be a barrier to opportunity or participation.
The Strategy builds upon the Government’s achievements under the Tasmanian Women’s Plan 2013-2018, and aims to further improve opportunities for women’s equal participation in the social, political and community life of Tasmania.
The Strategy identifies actions in four important priority areas:
- Financial security;
- Leadership and participation; and
- Health and Well-being.
Based on the best available evidence, the Strategy reflects the views of nearly 1,400 community members who participated in the consultations, as well submissions from the non-government, and private sectors.
For those who took part in the community consultation, thank you for taking the time to share your views.
- Tasmanian Women's Strategy 2018-2021 (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Tasmanian Women's Strategy Consultation Report (PDF, 343.31KB)
- Tasmanian Women's Plan 2013-2018 (PDF, 585.63KB)
- Tasmanian Women's Strategy 2018-2021 Progress Report July 2019 (PDF, 1.03 MB)