The Tasmanian Cabinet endorsed the Tasmanian Women's Plan 2013-2018 on 15 July 2013.
Women and girls play important roles in the Tasmanian community and the five-year Tasmanian Women's Plan will help ensure that Government policies, programs and projects are responsive to the needs of women and girls and are representative of their views.
From mid-November 2011 until 27 January 2012, the Tasmanian Government sought feedback from women and women's organisations for the development of the Tasmanian Women's Plan. Over 1,000 women participated in the survey and 12 in-depth written submissions from organisations and individuals were received.
The written submissions and survey results have been used to develop the five-year Tasmanian Women's Plan. Implementation of the actions contained in the Plan has commenced.
For those who took part in the community consultation, thank you for taking the time to share your views. By taking the time to complete the written submission or survey you have helped to shape the Government's response to issues for Tasmanian women and girls for the next five years.
The supporting documents Tasmanian Women's Plan Current Government Initiatives and Tasmanian Women's Plan Consultation Report informed the development of the Plan.
- Tasmanian Women's Plan Current Government Initiatives (Word, 164 KB)
- Tasmanian Women's Plan Current Government Initiatives (PDF, 617 KB)
- Tasmanian Women's Plan Consultation Report (Word, 2 MB)
- Tasmanian Women's Plan Consultation Report (PDF, 460 KB)
Progress report and communique
An annual Progress Report is a requirement of the Tasmanian Women's Plan 2013-2018. The Plan requires an annual Progress Report to be prepared for the Minister for Women. The Minister for Women also issues a Communique for Tasmanian women and children, to ensure they are kept informed of the progress under the Plan.
- Final Progress Report 2018 (PDF, 339.18KB)
- Final Progress Report 2018 (MS Word, 206.75KB)
- Progress Report 2016 (PDF, 1.04MB)
- Progress Report 2016 (MS Word, 6.41MB)
- Progress Report 2015 (MS Word, 6.41MB)
- Progress Report 2015 (PDF, 791.97KB)
- Communique 2015 (MS Word, 44.8KB)
- Communique 2015 (PDF, 89.42KB)