A whole-of-government Action Plan will be developed to implement activity across each of the focus areas identified in this Strategy.
The Action Plan will be developed by the Department of Communities Tasmania, in partnership with the Food Relief Community
Reference Group and with the strategic guidance of the Food Relief Government Steering Committee.
The Action Plan will:
- Identify activities that embed the Strategy’s principles and implement action across each focus area;
- Take a flexible approach to implementation that considers the needs and views of Tasmanians experiencing food insecurity;
- Implement activities that are based on the best available evidence and informed by the food sector’s advice;
- Align with PESRAC’s Interim Report Recommendation 62 and Final Report Recommendation 31 and existing Tasmanian Government policies and programs; and
- Be monitored through regular meetings of both the Food Relief Community Reference Group and the Food Relief Government Steering Committee.
The Progress of this Strategy and its Action Plan will be reported six-monthly to the Minister for Community Services and Development and the Minister for Education and Children and Youth Services and reported annually to Cabinet.