Accessible Events Guidelines and Checklists
Almost one quarter of Tasmanians experience disability. The Tasmanian Government is working toward a Tasmania where people with disability are able to participate on an equal basis in all aspects of community life.
People with disability face a range of barriers to participation in public events. These Guidelines and Checklists are designed to assist organisations to conduct events that are both welcoming and accessible to people with disability.
The Checklists have been designed to be used electronically on your desktop or in the field on your laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- The Tasmanian Government Accessible Events Guidelines (PDF, 246.66KB)
The Checklist and accompanying resources
The Accessible Events Checklist and accompanying resources provide more detailed guidance for organisers to ensure that their events are accessible.
- Checklist 1: The Accessible Events checklist
- Checklist 2: Booking and using AUSLAN Interpreters
- Checklist 3: Using hearing augmentation systems
- Checklist 4: Outdoor events
- Checklist 5: Getting the language right
- Checklist 6: Catering tips