The Tasmanian Government is committed to achieve its vision of a Tasmanian society that recognises the rights of people with disability and enables their full participation in the social and economic opportunities provided in this State.
People with a disability not only have the right to access specialist services when needed, but also have the right to expect equitable access to mainstream Government programs, services and facilities. The Disability Framework for Action is a whole-of-Government approach to ensure that all Government agencies implement socially just policies and practices for Tasmanians with disability.
The Senior Policy Analyst coordinates and supports the division's priorities in relation to people with disabilities and may be contacted by emailing email@example.com or phoning 6232 7183.
Find out about...
Programs and services
Providing policy advice to Government
- Accessible Island: Tasmanian Disability Framework for Action 2018-2021
- Premier's Disability Advisory Council
- Tasmanian Carers Policy and Action Plan 2017-2020
- National Disability Strategy
Information and Resources
- Accessible Events Guidelines and Checklists
- Disability - Useful Links
- Carers - Useful Links
- Time to get into Sport
Accessing disability services
Communities, Sport and Recreation works with other government agencies on disability related programs, policy and legislative initiatives. For information on specific disability support services and programs please contact the Department of Communities Tasmania
Contact details - Senior Policy Analyst
Phone (03) 6232 7183
Contact Communities, Sport and Recreation (CSR)
Phone: 03 6165 8388
Toll-free phone: 1800 204 224
Fax: 03 6173 0257
View the full contact details for CSR, including our North and North-West regional offices.
If you are deaf, hearing-impaired or speech-impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677, then ask for 03 6165 8388
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 03 6165 8388
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS www.relayservice.gov.au then ask for 03 6165 8388