Interpreter Scholarship Training
The Tasmanian Government is offering funding to help local interpreters enrol in the Interpreter skills Online Training for NAATI Certification provided by RMIT.
Interpreters play an essential part in delivering government services to people who require language assistance.
The Tasmanian Interpreter Scholarships Program is designed to increase the supply and quality of credentialed interpreters, particularly in languages in demand.
The scholarships, valued at $1 250 each, will help local interpreters and bi-cultural workers enrol in an online training program through RMIT University.
The Interpreter Training Scholarships Program is run by the Tasmanian Government in partnership with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters.
Scholarships are available for interpreters and bi-cultural workers in the following languages:
- Burmese (northern Tasmania)
- Chin-dialects (northern Tasmania)
- Japanese (southern Tasmania)
- Geko Karen
- Korean (southern Tasmania)
- Mandarin (northern Tasmania)
- Mindat (northern Tasmania)
- Nepali (northern Tasmania)
- Polish (southern Tasmania)
- Persian (Farsi)
- Spanish (southern Tasmania)
- Swahili (southern Tasmania)
- Tagalog (southern Tasmania)
- Urdu (northern Tasmania)
- Vietnamese(southern Tasmania).
For more information and to apply, download the course information brochure.
Applications will close on 19 August 2022.
Who to contact