Tasmania's culturally and linguistically diverse communities have an important role to play in our unique multicultural society, which remains one of the State's greatest assets and strengths. Communities, Sport and Recreation (CSR) works closely with multicultural communities.
A key function of CSR is to provide advice to the Government on multicultural affairs and citizenship in Tasmania. In addition to this, our work includes:
- increasing awareness of cultural diversity and appreciation of its benefits to the broader community;
- providing policy advice on the portfolio; and
- encouraging the mainstream community to be open and accepting of new arrivals to the State.
CSR works with all levels of government, including other State Government agencies, non-government organisations and community groups on issues related to multicultural affairs.
The Division may be contacted by email@example.com or by phoning (03) 6165 8388.
Find out about...
Providing policy advice to Government
- Our Multicultural Island: Tasmania's Multicultural Policy and Action Plan 2019-2022
- Multicultural Consultative Community Reference Group
Information and Resources
- Multicultural Access Point
- Interpreter Scholarship Program 2021
- Diversity in Business Employer Resource
- National Interpreter Symbol
- Safe Haven Enterprise Visa Scheme (SHEV)
- Family Safety Pack (available in 46 languages)
- The People of Tasmania - Statistics from the 2011 Census
National Interpreter Service
Phone 131 450
Visit the National Interpreter Service website.
Contact details - Communities, Sport and Recreation
Phone (03) 6165 8388