- Building community capacity by lead whole-of-government policy initiatives, programs and services to enhance and strengthen cultural, economic, social and political outcomes for the Tasmanian community
- Enhancing access and participation by delivering a range of whole-of-government policy initiatives, programs and services aimed at increasing opportunities for all Tasmanians to be engaged in community life, sport and recreation.
- Providing quality policy advice to the Tasmanian Government in relation to community participation, physical activity, sport and recreation and identified population groups.
- Supporting individual and sector development to develop and support a vibrant and inclusive community, sport and recreation sector and lead Tasmania’s high performance athletes.
- Delivering a wide range of grants to build community capacity to meet the community, sport and recreation needs of Tasmanians and use grants expertise to support achievement of government priorities.
- Office of Aboriginal Affairs
- Tasmanian Institute of Sport (TIS)
- Sport and Recreation
- Grants, Sport and Recreation Infrastructure
- Programs and Services
- Policy Branch
Communities of interest
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Children and young people
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) community
- Migrants and refugees
- People with disability
- Older persons
Contact Communities, Sport and Recreation (CSR)
Phone: 03 6165 8388
Toll-free phone: 1800 204 224
Fax: 03 6173 0257
View the full contact details for CSR, including our North and North-West regional offices.
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, hearing-impaired or speech-impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677, then ask for 03 6165 8388
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 03 6165 8388
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS www.relayservice.gov.au then ask for 03 6165 8388.