The applications closed on Monday, 25 January 2021.
Since 2000, National Youth Week has provided a celebration of the efforts and contributions of young people aged 12 – 25 in their communities. In 2018, a new chapter began with the first celebration of Youth Week Tasmania, funded entirely by the Tasmanian Government.
Youth Week Tasmania 2021 will be held from Friday 30 April 2021 to Sunday 9 May 2021.
The theme for the Youth Week Tasmania 2021 is We've Got This!.
The 2021 Youth Week Tasmania Grants Program is coordinated by Communities, Sport and Recreation (CSR) in the Department of Communities Tasmania.
The Tasmanian Government aims to:
- showcase the talents and skills of young people;
- celebrate the contributions of young people in communities, in education and in the workforce; and
- build the capacity of young people to engage with the broader community and develop practical skills through their involvement in planning and delivering Youth Week Tasmania events or activities.
- The Tasmanian Government has allocated $20 000 for the Youth Week Tasmania 2021 Grants Program.
- Grants of up to $2 000 are available to organisations to support Youth Week Tasmania 2021 events or activities (projects).
- Organisations may submit more than one application but will need to rank submissions in order of priority.
- Youth Week Tasmania aims to be inclusive of young Tasmanians from all communities, and to be celebrated in all regions of Tasmania.
The Youth Week Tasmania 2021 Grants Program is open to applications from:
- local government and not-for-profit incorporated community organisations;
- all government and non-government schools, colleges and tertiary institutions; and
- not-for-profit organisations or community groups that are not incorporated, if sponsored by an incorporated organisation. The sponsoring organisation must provide a letter to confirm that it will accept the relevant legal and financial requirements.
Please note: State and Australian Government agencies (with the exception of government schools), political parties, for-profit organisations and individuals are not eligible to receive funding.
All applicants funded under this Grants Program must comply with any COVID-19 requirements and restrictions for events in place at the time of their event, including the Tasmanian Government’s A Framework for COVID-19 Safe Events and Activities in Tasmania .
Previous Grant Recipients
- Successful Grant Recipients 2021 (PDF, 130 KB)
- Successful Grant Recipients 2020 (PDF, 132KB)
- Successful Grant Recipients 2019 (PDF, 135KB)
- Successful Grant Recipients 2018 (PDF, 24.7KB)
For further information please contact Communities, Sport and Recreation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 204 224.