The Multicultural Grants Program was created as part of Tasmania’s Population Growth Strategy. The Multicultural Grants Program is aimed at assisting migrants to settle and feel welcome in Tasmania.
The Tasmanian Government has allocated $100,000 for the 2019 Multicultural Grants Program.
Grants of up to $20,000 are available to support:
- activities that increase capacity within ethnic communities and multicultural networks to
self-manage and engage in community life;
- projects that facilitate access and use of community facilities and increase participation of new migrants in sport, recreation and social clubs within the community;
- projects that build cross-cultural awareness in the community and business sector;
- projects that promote integration of new migrants into communities and build ongoing inter-cultural and inter-faith relations and supports; and
- projects that support the establishment or growth of migrants focused social enterprises, or assist migrants to start or grow their own small businesses, access employment or improve employability skills.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available for:
- projects that showcase the vibrancy of multiculturalism through festivals and/or events that encourage the participation of the whole community.
Grants of up to $5,000 are available for:
- community language schools run by not-for profit organisations. A community language is defined as one used on a day to day basis by members of cultural-linguistic groups resident in Tasmania to communicate with family members and within their own community. Classes should be open to all students, irrespective of their linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Previous Grant Recipients
- Successful Grant applicants 2020 (PDF, 140KB)
- Successful Grant applicants 2019 (PDF, 141KB)
- Successful Grant applicants 2018 (PDF, 63KB)
- Successful Grant applicants 2017 (PDF, 75KB)
- Successful Grant applicants 2016 (PDF, 75KB)
For further information, please contact Communities, Sport and Recreation by email at email@example.com or phone on 1800 204 224