The Tasmanian Government has allocated $50,000 for the 2020 Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ+) Grants Program (the Program). Grants provided through the Program will assist community organisations, tertiary institutions and local government to:
- increase the number of Tasmanians who are accepting of diversity;
- improve resilience and capacity in the LGBTIQ+ community;
- foster inclusion, respect and dignity for LGBTIQ+ Tasmanians; and
- enhance access to services and increase participation for LGBTIQ+ Tasmanians.
Funding Area One / Priority Project/s
The Priority Projects focus for 2020, nominated by the LGBTIQ+ Whole-of-Government Reference Group in consultation with LGBTIQ+ community groups, is ‘Developing community capacity for issues-based advocacy and leadership’.
Applicants can apply for funding of up to $25,000 for projects, including research projects, that develop the resilience, capacity and confidence of LGBTIQ+ Tasmanians to:
- advocate for personal and social change;
- report incidents of violence, crime or anti-social behaviour; and
- take on leadership roles in their community.
Funding Area Two / General Project/s
Applicants can apply for funding of up to $25,000 for projects that:
- Research issues affecting the LGBTIQ+ community in Tasmania, including the incidence of discrimination, abuse, harassment, and family violence.
- Develop resources or strategies to:
- Increase community awareness about the issues and needs of LGBTIQ+ Tasmanians; or
- Reduce or prevent discrimination, vilification and harassment of LGBTIQ+ Tasmanians.
- Promote awareness of LGBTIQ+ issues and needs within workplaces in Tasmania.
- Address gaps in the current service system that prevent LGBTIQ+ people from being able to access services and address issues related to their sexuality or gender.
- Celebrate diversity and promote inclusion of LGBTIQ+ Tasmanians within the wider community, particularly in rural and regional communities in Tasmania
Guidelines and Application Form
Grant Round closes 5pm Friday, 13 March 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Previous Grant Recipients
A list of successful applications from previous LGBTIQ+ Grant Programs may be viewed here.
For further information about the program, please email email@example.com or phone 1800 204 224.