Improving the Playing Field Grants Program 2021-22
Status: OPEN - Large grants stream
Applications for large grants stream will close at 5:00 pm on Monday, 25 October 2021.
Applications for small grants stream closed at 5:00 pm on Monday, 6 September 2021.
The Tasmanian Government recognises the importance of sport and recreation and is committed to assisting the sector to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will also assist in supporting the building and construction industry and local jobs.
Improving the Playing Field offers financial assistance to upgrade amenities at sporting facilities around Tasmania, allowing them to cater for all participants. In 2020-21, $5 million was available through the program. In 2021-22 the funding pool has been increased to $10 million.
There is $10 million in funding available under this program in 2021-22. Applicants can apply for funding of between $25 000 and $500 000 per project.
The Grants Program will provide funding through two streams, small and large grants.
- Grants of $25 000 up to $50 000 will be provided through the small grants stream.
- Grants of $50 001 up to $500 000 will be provided through the large grants stream.
Applicants should contribute at least 15 per cent of the total project cost and higher priority may be given to projects demonstrating higher levels of support.
Applicants can submit applications for as many projects as they wish. If an organisation submits multiple applications, the applicant must rank them in order of priority.
Note, stages of the same project will be considered as one project and each project is eligible for only one grant.
- Projects must develop or improve functional and inclusive amenities and could include (but are not limited to) change rooms, toilets and shower facilities, accessibility, lighting, security, fencing, scoreboards, drainage and other civil construction works.
- Projects must demonstrate support from the relevant facility owner and/or State sporting organisation.
Guidelines and Application Forms
Applicants should read and understand the program Guidelines prior to applying.
- Guidelines (PDF, 200 KB)
- Application Form – Large Grants (Word, 366 KB)
- Application Form – Large Grants (PDF, 526 KB)
How to apply: Details on how to apply are included in the program Guidelines and Application Form.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact CSR before preparing their application to ensure they understand the Program’s requirements and can present their best case for funding.
CSR can be contacted on1800 252 476 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org