Under the Taking Agriculture to the next level policy, the Tasmanian Government will provide funding to enable rural and regional show societies across Tasmania to upgrade vital community infrastructure ensuring these iconic community events remain relevant into the future.
Under the 2018-19 Round, up to $25,000 is available to any one organisation.
To be eligible applicants must be:
- a show society which conducts an annual agricultural show;
- affiliated with Tasmania Agricultural Show;
- an incorporated, not-for-profit organisation, or sponsored by an incorporated not-for-profit organisation; and
- proposing to hold an agricultural show in 2018-19 or 2019-20.
Projects must support the operation of the annual agricultural show and provide benefit to the show society and/or the regional community through:
- upgrading and maintaining existing infrastructure; and/or
- constructing new infrastructure.
Infrastructure improvements which provide for better accessibility and inclusiveness are particularly encouraged.
While the infrastructure being upgraded needs to support the operation of the annual agricultural show and its sustainability, projects that demonstrate a benefit to a wider range of facility users (eg animal show societies) are encouraged.
The Agricultural Show Development Grants Program closed at noon on Friday, 19 October 2018.
Previous Grant Recipients
- List of successful applicants 2019-20 (PDF, 130KB)
- List of successful applicants 2018-19 (PDF, 132KB)
For further information, please contact Communities, Sport and Recreation by emailing email@example.com or phoning on 1800 204 224