National / International Sport Championships Grants Program 2021-22
Applications open on Monday, 16 August 2021, and will close at 5:00 pm on Friday, 13 May 2022 or when program funds are exhausted.
The details of the successful applicants will be made publicly available at www.communities.tas.gov.au. Unsuccessful applicants will receive a letter advising they have been unsuccessful, with details of how to request feedback on their application.
The National / International Sport Championships Grants Program (the Program) provides grants to eligible organisations to assist in meeting costs associated with hosting a national or international sport championship event within Tasmania.
The Program aims to promote and develop sport by encouraging national and international level sport championships in Tasmania.
To be eligible for funding, a national or international sport championship event must be:
- a national competition between a minimum of four states and/or territories or an international competition between a minimum of three countries;
- a competition recognised as a national/international sport championship by the relevant national/international organisation; and
- an event where one or more national/international champions are declared, or national points are awarded.
A total of $55 000 will be available for allocation in 2021-22. As limited funding is available, organisations will be funded on a ‘first-in’ basis.
A maximum of $6 000 is available per organisation and per sport during 2021-22. Where a sport, as defined by the Australian Sports Commission, has one national sporting organisation but multiple disciplines/organisations, the total amount of funding available to that sport will be limited to $6 000.
A national or international championship ‘series’ consists of a number of stages (or mini-events) held across a number of locations where the same teams or individuals compete, and a champion is declared through the accumulation of points.
Events where two or more championships are awarded, such as men’s and women’s, juniors and seniors, multi-disciplines, are considered one event.
Funding limits are detailed below:
- $1 000 for championship events held on a single day or for one or more stage(s) of a national or international championship series; and
- $3 000 for one championship event held over two or more consecutive days.
Guidelines and Application Form
Applicants should read and understand the program Guidelines prior to applying.
How to apply: Details on how to apply are included in the program Guidelines and Application Form.
Important Information around COVID19
All applicants funded under this Grants Program must comply with any COVID-19 requirements and restrictions for events in place at the time of their event, including the Tasmanian Government’s A Framework for COVID-19 Safe Events and Activities in Tasmania.
Previous Grant Recipients
- 2020-21 National/International Sport Championships Program
- 2019-20 National/International Sport Championships Program
- 2018-19 National/International Sport Championships Program
- 2017-18 National/International Sport Championships Program
For further information, please contact CSR by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning on 1800 252 476.