The Learning Grants Program helped families to have a comprehensive range of wrap-around services to help them settle well into the Tasmanian community, with a total of $400,000 available over three years (2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20).
The Program was focused on students from refugee and migrant backgrounds in Years 9 and 10 in Tasmanian Government schools.
Through the Program the Tasmanian Government aimed to:
- optimise their opportunities in Tasmania by supporting the learning and educational outcomes of students with refugee and migrant backgrounds, including completion of Year 12 and progression to post-secondary education pathways;
- increase student confidence, English language proficiency and understanding of maths, science and other core curriculum subjects;
- enhance the participation of families from refugee and migrant backgrounds in their school communities; and
- stimulate a range of sustainable programs to assist refugee and migrant students with learning.
To be eligible, applicants had to be an incorporated not-for-profit association or a Local Government agency with experience providing educational support services to people from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
Previous Grant Recipients
- Successful applications 2019-20 (PDF, 129KB)
- Successful applications 2018-19 (PDF, 131KB)
- Successful applications 2017-18 (PDF, 56KB)
Further information can be obtained by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 1800 204 224.