Emergency Assistance Grant
The purpose of the Emergency Assistance Grant is to assist impacted people in affected areas, to obtain:
- essential and appropriate shelter
- food, transport and/or
- personal items.
Emergency Assistance Grants are paid where it is evident that an individual or family are unable to live in their principle place of residence as a result of the event, and in need of financial support to obtain essential and appropriate shelter, food, transport and/or personal items.
Identification must be provided along with evidence of the family composition.
Temporary Emergency Accommodation
Temporary Emergency Accommodation is provided:
- Where an individual or family cannot safely return to their place of residence; and
- The individual or family has no other accommodation they can access (such as friends or family)
- Individuals and families reside in areas impacted by an eligible event (such as the current bushfires); and
- The individual or family are in genuine need and are not able to meet their accommodation needs through other means; and
- Identification must be provided
For further information, please contact Communities, Sport and Recreation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning on 1800 204 224.