Striving for Practice Excellence
Through the direction and guidance of the Children, Youth and Families (CYF) Executive Team, CYF has engaged its workforce and key stakeholders to develop a three-year Strategic Direction.
The Striving for Practice Excellence: Our Strategic Direction 2021-2024 is focused on being clear and transparent on Children Youth and Families:
- Key priorities and the actions to be progressed over the next three years, and
- The measures and indicators to assess Children Youth and Families performance against the Strategic Direction.
A simple but important concept for the Strategic Direction was to develop a simple ‘Plan on a Page’.
The five strategic priorities underpinning the Strategic Direction are:
- Working with families to keep children and young people safe and well,
- Working with others to achieve improved outcomes for children and young people,
- Keeping children and young people safely connected to their family, community and culture,
- Further developing, supporting and strengthening our people, and
- Building a strong and accountable system.