Disclosing information released in response to Right to Information Act 2009 requests in Tasmania.
Certain information released in response to Right to Information requests will be published online within 48 hours of being released to the applicant.
The approach makes information released to an applicant available to a wider audience and increases Government transparency and accountability.
Applicants should note that:
- if they seek and are granted a waiver of the application fee on the basis of general public interest, and it is determined that the information is in the broader public interest, publication of the released information is more than probable.
- The applicant’s identity will not be published. The category of applicant will be published, i.e. Member of Parliament, media representative, private individual.
- a summary of the application will be published. This gives context to the nature of the released information.
- only information that is considered to be in the broader public interest will be published. No personal information will be published.
- information of a commercial or confidential nature will not be published.
The table below includes disclosures by the Department of Communities Tasmania.
|Category of Applicant||Summary of Request||Information Released|
|Journalist||Public Housing Maintenance North||RTI1201920-001-CT|
|Journalist||Public Housing Maintenance South||RTI201819-036-CT|