How to Access your Information

The PIP Act provides that a person may be provided with access to their personal information held by the public authority, on receipt of a written request. All requests for access are managed as an active disclosure under the Right to Information Act 2009.

If a person considers the personal information held by the public authority to be incorrect, incomplete, out of date or misleading, they can request that the information be amended by completing the Application for Amending Personal Information form.

Requests to access or amend personal information held by the public authority should be addressed to the Secretary of the Department by mail at:


Department of Communities Tasmania

GPO Box 125

Hobart Tasmania 7001

Right of Complaint

If a person is not satisfied with the handling or outcome of their request for access to or amendment of their personal information, a verbal or written complaint can be lodged with the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman's Office can be contacted on 1800 001 170, GPO Box 960, Hobart Tas 7001 or email